Sunday, June 5, 2011

The power of adding Linkedin connections - Part 3 (Adding Job Consultants as a Connection)

One of the easiest and effective ways to expand your linkedin network is to add Job consultants. That's because


  • Job consultants will almost certainly accept your invitation because they are on a constant lookup for any candidates to expand their database and to make their candidate search easier

  • Once you add job consultants, you would be posted about any new vacancy that arises since you would be automatically following their status updates and most consultants regularly post updates about vacancies

  • Once you have a certain number of job consultants in your network, lot of HR folks and consultants would keep on adding you to their network and you might start getting direct offers from employers or consultants

You may choose any method to find and add the Job consultants of the geographic locations where you are seeking a job in your network.


However, I use the following method. Lets assume that I am looking for an IT career in India



  1. I login to my linkedin account and select Companies > Search Companies from the menu bar

  2. In search companies tab I filter Location as India (select specific city if you need to be more specific). I filter Industry as Human Resources and Staffing and Recruiting

  3. I then sort the search results by Followers

  4. One by one , I open the company page and visit employee profiles. The consultants I feel are handling my type of profile, I would add them to my network. Consider adding 5-8 consultants from every company.

  5. Please don't forget to add a short personal note before sending the invitation and add 2nd degree or shared group connections first

At beginning, this may sound like a time consuming process. But with time it becomes a lot easier and believe me its very effective.


Keep exploring. I will write soon



No comments:

Post a Comment